Tuesday, March 17, 2009

FOTD! "Expensive Pink!"




Hello Ladies! Today's look was pretty fresh, with a really nice MAC eyeshadow in "Expensive Pink". It's one of my favorite colors!


Here's a list of the things I used to do my face today=

(From the top to the bottom, left to right.)
Maybelline Mineral Foundation in Classic Ivory
Covergirl Pressed powder pact in Soft Honey
Maybelling Mineral Powder in Nude
Botanics Cooling Eyebase
MAC studio touchup stick (NW20)
MAC brush 217
MAC brush 208
Sephora flat crease brush
MAC brush 252
NYX white jumbo eye pencil
MAC Expensive Pink eyeshadow
MAC Naked pigment
Revlon quad creme eyeshadow pact in VaVaVaVoom
Wet n Wild Expressions eyeshadow pact in Sandcastle
Nars Angelika blush







There are pictures of the finished project way WAY below so bare with me. =D First I applied the mineral foundation to my face with a makeup sponge and dotted the MAC studio touch up stick on a few spots on my chin, I've been breaking out this week =/. Then I used the matching mineral POWDER to set my face. I used this eyebase from Botanics as my eyeshadow primer. Now, this primer is the best one I've tried in my attempt to find a drugstore primer in comparison to the Urban Decay potion. The Botanics base contains licorice, horse chestnut, and apple extracts to soothe the eyebase for a more supple, less puffy eyebase, it is also skintone and not sticky like I find the UD Primer Potion to be.






The next thing I did while I allowed my eyebase to sit into my skin was contour my cheeks with the Covergirl pressed powder. It is just dark enough for my skin right now because I am in between my pale winter skin and browning summer skin. After that I returned to my eyes and coated my middle finger with the jumbo white NYX stick and dabbed it on my lid from lashline to crease. Using the 252 brush, over the white I put the MAC pigment "Naked" and took the pigment from lashline to brow bone. I didn't want a very WHITE color as the bottom layer so I put the very light beige Naked over it. I then applied the lightest pink from this Revlon VaVaVaVoom quad and swiped it with my ring finger from my tear duct inward about halfway across my lid.




Next I used this WONDERFUL Wet n Wild Expressions Palette. THIS was a life changing buy ladies, I'm telling you. These colors are so velvety and so nice on the eyes it's amazing how much the palette costs, and it has a slide-out MIRROR in the bottom! Over that VaVaVaVoom creme pink color I put the peachey pink color from this palette with the 252 brush again. It's VERY shiny, not glittery at all, but just very soft shimmery. It is on the top right corner, I used this to highlight my brow bone also.







Now for the actual COLOR of this face. Expensive Pink! This was one of my very first MAC eyeshadows that my mom, "M", bought me as I started to wear makeup. It's a apricot color with gold flecs. It's like a pink-bronze. It's VERY flattering for any color eye, I've found. I used the 217 brush, my favorite, and swirled the tip of the brush in the color to really pick it up into my brush. Then when applying it to the OUTER half of my crease I use very controlled CIRCULAR motions. I find that this really keeps the color right in your crease, a trick that I finally learned from watching the lovely YouTube. (Thank you TiffanyD!)



After all the color was on my lid, to the intensity that I desired, I used the Sephora flat brush to blend. I set the brush length wise on my eyelid at the lash line, and slowly go side to side up to my crease only, blending the Expensive Pink into the Wet n Wild palette color. After the eyelids were done I used the small, flat208 brush and dabbed it in a bit of water and dipped it into the very gold color in the middle of the Wet n Wild palette and applied it to my lower lash line.



I used a mini Kabuki to apply dabs of Angelika to just the apples of my cheeks.
















And finally finished with my Maybelline XXL two sided mascara. One side it white to prime the lashes and the other is black to lengthen and define. I LOVE this mascara because it is a very short but wide brush for VOLUME. My eyelashes are very long and have a natural curl. The primer really also works with any other mascara!






































No comments: